Andrews “Top Ten” Strategies for the Dreaded “Spousal No!”
The team and I hear it via chat and on the phone all the time. Things like, “Andrew, I really want the Freja 100BV, but I’m getting “the look” every time I mention it.”
No worries. There are ways to handle these things.
- There are things your significant other just doesn’t need to know about. (OK, this can have consequences, but they’re usually temporary.)
- Explain that this guitar appreciates in value, and you’re doing it for retirement purposes.
- Same as number two, but it’s for the kids’ college fund.
- Flowers/dinner/wine or game tickets/pizza/beer. (gender specific)
- If they’ll buy it for you for Christmas/Birthday/4th of July, you’ll reciprocate in kind. (And, don’t forget!)
- This is the guitar that will get you discovered. Riches for all!
- Remind them of the time they bought a very expensive ________ without saying a word to you.
- Post your desire on social media and let your friends help with the pressure campaign.